Comments

Monday, February 6, 2012

New Features

by Nina

I spent a little time this weekend changing the layout of the blog and adding a few new features. If you haven't already noticed, at the top of the blog you'll now see tabs that will take you to special pages on the blog.

The "Audio Tracks" tab takes you to the page where you can stream relaxation tracks (and other audio tracks as we add them) or get access to our Band Camp site to download tracks.

The "About Us" tab takes you to the page where you can find biographical content and links for both the writers and photographers whose work you see on the blog.

The "Contact Us" tab provides easy access to email addresses you can use to contact the bloggers.

On the right-hand side of the blog, I've added a Search function that allows you to search the blog for particular posts by their content and I've also turned on the feature that displays an alphabetical index to the blog posts. Now that we've got a substantial backlog of posts, it seemed like it was time to make it easier for you to find old posts.

Looking Closely by Michele McCartney-Filgate
If there is anything else I can add to the blog to make it more usable, please let me know.

For you technically minded people out there: what I'd really love to do is to create two tabs at the top for searching, one to provide access to the search function and the other to provide access to the index list of labels. But I have not figured out how to get those blogger "gadgets" onto the body of separate pages (and off the home page). If anyone can help me with this, please let me know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment