Comments

Monday, October 14, 2013

Correction to "Yoga is My Health Insurance—Not!" Post

by Nina

Fence by Melina Meza
On October 3, 2013, I wrote a post about the phrase “Yoga is my health insurance,” which concerned me because of what I believe the phrase implies. At the time, I did not realize  that there actually is a business by that name. If you check my original post, you will see that I never mentioned any such business (or owner of said business) and that I was writing strictly about what I spoke of as the “concept” of yoga as “health insurance.”

Unfortunately, I was a bit sloppy in illustrating my post. I included the “Yoga Is My Health Insurance” graphic that I’d seen on Facebook without checking where that graphic came from. Later on, I learned that this graphic belonged to the business by that name, and that my post had caused some confusion. As it was never my intention to write about the business by that name, I decided to take some action.

The first thing I did was to update the original post (see here) by removing the graphic and changing the language to explicitly state that my rant was about a “saying.” I feel confident now that the post is utterly clear in that it is NOT referring to the YIMHI business. However, because our email subscribers and Google followers have not seen the correction, I’m issuing an official correction today that all subscribers will receive.

I apologize sincerely for any confusion or inconvenience I may have caused with my original post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment